Friday, September 28, 2012

Die A Stranger (Alex McKnight #9) by Steve Hamilton



Book: Die a Stranger (Alex McKnight #9)

Author: Steve Hamilton

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Alex's buddy Vinnie, an Ojibwa tribal member and recovering alcoholic, disappears after his mother passes away and he relapses with several drinks. Alex must find what happened to him and if it has anything to do with several men being killed in a drug trade that Vinnie's name has come up with. To make matters worse, a man has just shown up claiming to be Vinnie's father, which is funny since Vinnie was told all his life that his father was dead. Alex must figure everything out before it is too late and Alex loses his best friend.

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: Alright, I must come clean. I am a HUGE Steve Hamilton fan. Love his books and stalk him quite a bit! Knock on wood, no restraining orders yet! He is an author whose books are preordered from Amazon as soon as I am able. I would say that he places in my top 3 favorite contemporary authors and I am always snooping around to see when the next Alex McKnight book is being released. I go into his books with 5 stars and work my way down from there. So, there might be some bias to this review, but I wouldn't let that stop you from enjoying Hamilton's works.

On that note, I was not as sucked into this book as I have been to the other 8. The other books, no questions asked garnered 4 and 5 star reviews from me.  On this novel, however, I felt like there was almost a disconnect in this storyline and it passed WAY too quickly. The traditional Hamilton writing quality was still there, but his "passion" of character felt like it was missing on this one. Gotta say though that there were some unexpected twists, although, as my husband said, he knew it would wrap up with a nice red ribbon and it did.

Source: Purchased        

Would I recommend? : Have since book one and loaned them out left and right!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of Series


No comments:

Post a Comment