Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Dying Fall (Ruth Galloway #5) by Elly Griffiths



Book: A Dying Fall ( Ruth Galloway #5)
 
Author: Elly Griffiths
 
Narrator (if applicable): N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Forensic Archeologist Ruth Galloway is back and this time investigating the death of a former colleague and friend. What was he researching that would require his death to stop it? When Ruth finds the answer is she next? 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I must admit that I have a soft spot for this series. The books are incredibly warmly written and characters are just simply imperfect and down to earth. To boot, Ms. Griffiths has produced a very well written series. I call it the English version of another one of my favorite series "The Body Farm" by Jefferson Bass (Jon Jefferson and Dr. Bill Bass).

What I really loved about this particular novel is that Ms. Griffiths went more into archeology than she normally does. I found this fascinating with some of the scenes and back history that she described. 
 
Source:  Netgalley for HMH.
      
Would I recommend? : I have recommended this series more times than I can count. I will say that this is a series that must be read in order. Ms. Griffiths' books are incredibly character driven and one may miss critical points in the characters' histories if they just simply "pick up" the book. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

No comments:

Post a Comment