Monday, August 19, 2013

Sweet: Inspired Ingredients, Unforgettable Desserts by Valerie Gordon

Book: Sweet: Inspired Ingredients, Unforgettable Desserts
Author: Valerie Gordon
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): October 8, 2013

Synopsis: Ms. Gordon takes bakers on a ride of incredible desserts from pies, cakes and individual desserts to mouthwatering confectionery fit for royalty. 
My rating:  A very, very rare 10 out of 5 Stars. It is very rare for a cookbook to earn this rating from me. I actually think this is the first one. This cookbook has accomplished this and beyond! 

My opinion: quickly can you say "In Amazon Cart"?!?! If this woman's stuff is sold up in might actually get me to go there without me having an instant gag reflex!

I seriously didn't know I could love a cookbook so much.  This book contained GORGEOUS PICTURES (that made me drool!) and would definitely take my dessert making up a notch. 

On a technical note, the author gave excellent descriptions of necessary terms and equipment complete with pictures. One must note, however this cookbook is NOT for the novice baker. I would go middle-advanced or advanced baker. I, as an experienced baker, learned new techniques.

On a final note, I am purchasing the book for the confectionery and "mini"/individual dessert sections alone. That doesn't mean I won't be making the cake and pie recipes though.

Source:   Artisan Books
Would I recommend? : I think I made that clear above.
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment