Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mini Treats and Hand Held Sweets: 100 Delicious Desserts to Pick-up and Eat by Abigail Johnson Dodge



Book: Mini Treats and Hand Held Sweets: 100 Delicious Desserts to Pick-up and Eat
 
Author: Abigail Johnson Dodge
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: An AWESOME collection of mini treats. Those perfect sized treats for any gathering to give attendees a nice selection.

Recipes include mini tarts, cookies, ice cream treats, cakes and candies.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: This was a dynamic cookbook that will be used in my entertaining and holiday trays. It would have been a 5 star cookbook had there have been more pictures. This cookbook is not for a novice chef and most recipes are quite intricate...step by step pictures or in-process pictures definitely would be helpful to bakers. 

I must add that I didn't like the formatting of the ebook. Now, I do have to admit that it looks like this book is not available in ebook format, so this complaint maybe a moot point to my 4 star review, but in what I read, it was mushed together. 
 
Source:Netgalley for Taunton Press  
     
Would I recommend? : Yes, for more experience bakers. Get the print copy!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment