Friday, February 8, 2013

Cast Iron Cooking with Sisters on the Fly by Irene Rawlings



Book: Cast Iron Cooking with Sisters on the Fly
 
Author: Irene Rawlings 
 
Release date (if applicable): April 23, 2013

Synopsis: A collection of recipes from appetizers to desserts for the cast iron cookware. I loved that the author even included some really fun alcoholic drinks.
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: What a fun and unusual cookbook this was. The sisters loaded it down with unusual, "down to earth", good Midwest, Western and Texas style recipes. I was in love. Utilizing nothing but cast iron skillets and dutch ovens in the cooking process.  The pictures of the dishes were spectacular and well represented for the number of recipes in the book. 

I think if I had one criticism of the book, it would be that some of the dishes were maybe a bit more difficult to prepare due to using charcoal briquettes in the preparation.  I would have been ok with it had they supplemented those recipes with oven directions, but they didn't with several of them. I must state that these are recipes to be used in camping cooking, as well.  

I must admit that the drink recipes alone bumped this book up to 5 stars for me. They are as fun and unusual as the food recipes in the book. 
 
Source:  Netgalley for Publisher
      
Would I recommend? : Heck yes, in fact I plan on purchasing it!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment