Saturday, February 2, 2013

Nightsiders by Gary McMahon





Book: Nightsiders 
 
Author: Gary McMahon
 
Release date (if applicable): April 30, 2013

Synopsis: A story of squatters most deadly! The Mitchell family have a problem and their name is the Corbeaus family. Are the Corbeaus' just trying to take up residence in the Mitchell's home or do they have something much more sinister in mind?
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: CAN YOU SAY "CREEPY"? I love when a book has me saying "WTH?" within the first couple of pages. Nightsiders did just that. This book is a novella that packs a big book punch. Written with a methodical release of creepiness, this book kept me guessing as to what the "moral" of the story was and where it was going to end up. 

It is because of this type of book that I absolutely love Darkfuse publishing. This is, for the most part, their standard type of release.

Love horror? Don't miss this book! 
 
Source:   Netgalley for Darkfuse      

Would I recommend? : I would only recommend this book if you are a fan of horror. This book has a beginning that even I was saying it was a tad too gross. It lightened up for a little bit of time, but then slid right back to gross with violence and sex! If you are sensitive to this, I would maybe give this one a pass. If it doesn't bother you...jump in...it was a fun ride!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment