Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nothing More, Nothing Less by Ashley DuKart

Thanks to Amazon for Cover Art

Book: Nothing More, Nothing Less

Author: Ashley Dukart

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Suffering from grief from losing his mother to suicide, Brandon is spiraling out of control with addictions and destructive behaviors. His brothers are trying to save him, but is Brandon, particularly with his circle of friends, beyond help?

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: Although the writing in this short book was good, particularly for a debut novelist, I feel like this storyline is a dime a dozen. I did find it to be a tad predictable as is the case with these storylines. I would say in reading probably about 10 books on this subject just this year, it is one of the better ones that I have read. Reading this as a former addictions counselor, Ms. Dukart has developed the characters, particularly in the downward spiral of addiction, beautifully and realistically. I expect this will even continue to be a strength for this author as she continues to publish.

Source:   Author for review     

Would I recommend? : Yes, I didn't find it a horrible read, simply one that followed a predictable path. I would encourage the author to look at the price point for the book though. I know I would not pay $8 for the book.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment