Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Guardian's Wildchild




Book: The Guardian's Wildchild

Author: Feather Stone

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Sidney Davenport, a seer, who lives in a protected area of Hawk's Island, leaves the safety of the island to gather information from a military base. She is caught and sent to a ship at sea for execution. The ship is run by Captain Waterhouse, whose children are being held hostage at the home of the evil Captain Butchart. In the midst of the chaos, executions and crisis, Waterhouse and Sidney fall head over heels for one another.  Can they survive and get Waterhouse's children back?

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: In my opinion, this book started off incredibly strong. I was sucked into the storyline almost immediately. Midpoint in the book though, I had the feeling that the high quality of writing simply dropped off. The continued story almost had a feeling of being forced and more superficial. It was very much a disappointment after being so connected to the characters.  I understand it is a dystopian romance, but towards the of the book, it became more of a focus on a cheesy romance dance and lost some of the excellent dystopian storyline that really had it hoppin' at the beginning.

Source:  Author for Review      

Would I recommend? : For a certain audience, maybe a younger audience, I would recommend the book.  

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment