Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Beautiful Mystery (A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #8) by Louise Penny




Book: The Beautiful Mystery (A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel #8)

Author: Louise Penny

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Gamache and Beauvoir are called to a monastery after the choir director is found murdered. While unraveling the mystery of the death, Gamache realizes he must solve the mysteries of his own life while making sure a killer doesn't strike again!

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: Definitely not my favorite in the series. I found the characters a tad less approachable than I normally find them and less humor than normally displayed in this series, but still very readable and definitely a critical piece in the series and of the main characters' developments.

On that note, it still has the same high standard quality of writing that Penny regularly displays. Her main hero, Inspector Gamache, is such an approachable character. He reminds me Agatha Christie's Poirot, a lovable 50+ Inspector, who solves crimes in quaint towns that have the feeling of English villages.

Source:  Library       

Would I recommend? : Of course, but read the series in order. Penny is extremely character driven.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

 

No comments:

Post a Comment