Friday, October 19, 2012

The Unseen by Katherine Webb


Book: The Unseen

Author: Katherine Webb

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Current day, bones are found in Belgium and a war graveyard. A journalist is called in to solve the mystery. To do so, she must unravel a mystery which started in 1911 when a dissatisfied minister's wife hires a former convict who was jailed for occurrences in the suffrage movement. The sexually dysfunctional minister who becomes obsessed with an occultist and the occultist who isn't all that he seems to be. Does it end up in murder? If so, who do the bones belong to?

My rating: 1.5 Stars

My opinion: I tend to get very bored with Katherine Webb's writing. It is very dry and I feel moves a tad slowly for my liking. I thought the story unraveled painfully slow for me to where I found myself frequently distracted and the book took me WAY longer to read than a book would normally take for me to get through it. Finally, I felt that the author had too many stories going which distracted from the original storyline.

Source:   Library     

Would I recommend? : I wouldn't, but I don't know if my Goodreads friends would say the same.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment