Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton


Book: The Secret Keeper

Author: Kate Morton

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Laurel Nicholson, as a child, witnesses her mother murder a man. She has returned home to care for her mother on her death bed and secrets come to the surface. Who was the man Dorothy Nicholson has murdered and what does he have to do with her past life prior to meeting Laurel's husband.

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: I love me some Kate Morton and have read each and every one of her books. Hands down, I consider her to be one of the most original authors I have read. She has continued this tradition of high quality writing in The Secret Keeper. Morton has a history of incredibly strong yet approachable character development. Yet, she has the capabilities to write with engrossing storylines full of twists that leave the readers with a "WTH just happened?" moments.

I was sucked into this book immediately and ended up reading a 450+ page book in several hours. I absolutely couldn't put it down and consider this to be Morton's best book to date.

On a side note, I received this book from Atria Books as an ebook for review. In the future, I will wait for Morton's books to come out in print as I consider them to be special treats. I didn't like the formatting of the ebook and feel that it did distract somewhat from the story. So, make the investment and grab the book in print. It is well worth the extra couple of bucks!

Source:  Netgalley for Atria Books

Would I recommend? : Ummmm, from the mountain tops!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment