Friday, March 15, 2013

The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen by Matt Lee and Ted Lee




Book: The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen
 
Author: Matt Lee and Ted Lee
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A collection of recipes and stories from the quaint, exquisite, yet down to earth city of Charleston, SC!
   
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: The pictures and recipes in this book were phenomenal. Now, they were heavy on fish recipes, so if that is not your thing, you might want to take a look at the library versus purchasing it first. Also, I am a huge fan of chocolate, so I must admit that I was slightly disappointed that there were no chocolate recipes in the dessert section. However, there were a couple other ones that tickled my fancy. They also had a wonderful yet simple recipe for boiled peanuts one of my favorite snacks!

I loved the stories of "life" in past and current Charleston, as when I think of that spectacular city, I think most of the people! 

I must admit that one of the things that did kind of mildly irk me was that with the fish recipes, a better chunk of the fish called for in the recipe are indigenous to the Charleston or coastal area. In a couple of recipes, the authors gave substitute fish to use, but not in all. I noticed this with a recipe calling for a certain type of grape. Could I substitute regular green and red grapes? I don't know because the author doesn't specify. It simply came across for several of the recipes that it would be a great regional cookbook, but not outside the bounds and definitely not distributed nationally. 
 
Source:  Library
      
Would I recommend? : I would, but again, due to the cost, I would take a look at it in a brick/mortar bookstore or the library to make sure it tickles your fancy. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment