Monday, January 13, 2014

Cat Sense: How the New Feline Science Can Make You a Better Friend to Your Pet by John Bradshaw





Book: Cat Sense: How the New Feline Science 
 
Author: John Bradshaw
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Anthrozoologist Joh Bradshaw gives readers an extensive history of felines in the world. Although they are a popular pet, they and their behaviors remain mysterious to their human companions. 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I thought this book gave excellent background as to the history of cats in the world and why they act the way they do, but I would have liked to have seen more on the daily antics of cats and their body language. The book contained absolutely nothing on this topic. I thought the author provided some interesting tidbits that I have not read in other books though. 

Furthermore, I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised at how inviting this book was. Even with the topic it was on which, for being non-fiction, can be relatively dry the author wrote the topic in an engrossing manner. 
 
Source: Publisher for review
        
Would I recommend? : For cat owners who want to know the history of their cats better. Want to know about their tail movements and such? No. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment