Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cross and Burn (Tony Hill/Carol Jordan #8) by Val McDermid





Book: Cross and Burn (Tony Hill and Carol Jordan #8)
 
Author: Val McDermid
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Carol Jordan will no longer speak with Tony Hill. She can't get passed the death of her brother at Tony's hands. A loss that has left her an emotional invalid of guilt and grief. Could Carol have crossed over a line that cannot be returned over?


One has to think it seriously when women start dying at the hands of a woman who fits the profile of Carol Jordan. What grudge would she have against the women slaughtered? Can Tony help to sort out the truth or is the truth something that this psychologist can't even wrap his head around?

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: Classic McDermid...God, it is good to have her back!!

Tony Hill/Carol Jordan are not to be missed,  unless you are faint of heart, because my girl can get GRAPHIC! Her characters are fantastic. Her storylines engrossing, brilliant and difficult to put down. This series is always a deep, twisted psychological study of the human psyche....


Cross and Burn was no exception.
 
Source: Publisher for review
 
Would I recommend? : I can't even count the number of times I have recommended Val McDermid books. I love spreading good literature and this is just it.

One thing that I recommend is to start with the beginning of the series. Ms. McDermid is probably one of the most character driven authors that I have ever read. Do yourself a favor and read the series. One might miss something or get easily lost if this book is read as a stand alone. Trust me on this one. This book is a pleasant treat to a twisted mind. 

When I have recommended this to people and they try to go in mid-series, I have yet to have them come back and tell me I wasn't correct. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: #8 in series

No comments:

Post a Comment