Monday, January 13, 2014

The Ludwig Conspiracy by Oliver Potzsch





Book: The Ludwig Conspiracy
 
Author: Oliver Potzsch
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: King Ludwig II is deposed after being found insane by German courts in the late 1800's. This insane king kept a diary. A diary that ends up in the hands of an antiquarian book dealer, Stevan Lukas. 

There are those who want the secrets in this diary kept secret. Those who will lose a lot of power if the truth ever came out. They will do WHATEVER they need to do to get that diary back and destroy it forever. 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Although, I loved this book, it isn't my favorite of this author's, but boy, it was a good one. 

Told in two periods of time-the 1800's and the present, this mystery lays out masterfully and kept me on the edge of my seat. The character development was excellent and I loved the weaving in of history, particularly in an area that I was unfamiliar with. 

I have seen numerous comparisons to the DaVinci Code with this book and I think it is really unfair. I have read both books and they are not similar. 
 
Source: Publisher for Review
      
Would I recommend? : Yes, I really enjoyed this book
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment