Monday, January 13, 2014

Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery by Robert Kolker







Book: Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery

Author: Robert Kolker
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Five women disappear on Long Island. Five women whose deaths have never been solved. All bodies were found in a swamp near the ocean-basically, a killing field. Does the fact that all women were prostitutes who advertised on Craigslist have anything to do with it?
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I have watched shows on this case but must admit that I enjoyed the detail of getting to know the victims. As I have gotten to know this case deeper some details OF THE CRIME that were omitted, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the book.
 

For this book being written by a reporter who clearly took the time to get to know this crime, I thought parts were too detail oriented while other pieces were brushed over.
 

On a sad note, I thought it was bizarre that with how the author went into detail re: the bios of the victims to make them very real, there was not one picture in this book. There was not even pictures of the crime scenes and I know that they exist, particularly re: Shannan Gilbert. I think it would have helped to paint a clearer picture and more attachment to the story. 
 
Source:  Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment