Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Help for the Haunted: A Novel by John Searles





Book: Help for the Haunted: A Novel
 
Author: John Searles
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 13 year old Sylvie Mason is dragged out of bed in the middle of the night while her parents head to a church. This isn't new for the daughter of famous demonologists. This time, however, gunshots are heard in the church and her parents are the victims of a heinous crime. 

What has led up to the brutal murder of her parents? Could her older sister and caretaker have anything to do with it or is it something much more sinister?
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: When I signed up to review this book, I was in the mood for creepy-creepy This book failed to deliver and it was nowhere near as scary as I had anticipated. I felt it was a new spin on the currently popular "coming of age" story than anything else.
 

Gotta say that I felt this book was a bit more over-hyped than what was delivered.

Source:  Publisher for Reviewer
      
Would I recommend? : No
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment