Friday, January 24, 2014

The Drowned Man (Chief Inspector Peter Cammon #2)





Book: The Drowned Man (Chief Inspector Peter Cammon #2)
 
Author: David Whellams
 
Narrator (if applicable):N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: CI Cammon is sent to retrieve the body of a Scotland Yard detective in Canada. This death is pure murder and Cammon can't resist delving into the mystery behind the death that has to do with the theft of three US Civil War letters, including one signed by John Wilkes Booth. What did the murdered detective uncover? Will Cammon suffer the same fate?
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I liked the unique storyline, but the story had a feeling of being discombobulated, at times, while dry at others. As a result, it took me FOREVER to get through it. I had to take this book out of my library 3 times to get through it after I lost total interest in the publisher's ARC. Had I not committed to review it for the pubisher, I probably would have shelved it.

In preparing for this review, I noticed the same criticisms in the first book in the series. 

Source:  Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Sadly, no. Normally I love British mysteries, but this one just doesn't work for me.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

No comments:

Post a Comment