Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mrs. Poe: A Novel by Lynn Cullen





Book: Mrs. Poe: A Novel
 
Author: Lynn Cullen
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Poet Frances Osgood becomes the love interest of Edgar Allen Poe. At the same time, she becomes a confident to his sickly wife, Virginia. Don't let her illness fool you though. In reality, Virginia Poe is not the nicest of women and manipulative, to boot.  Will Frances make it out of this love triangle with her sanity intact? 
 
My rating: 3 Star
 
My opinion: OK gotta admit that this book didn't rock my socks off. I didn't find myself as engrossed with it as I have on other books about Virginia Poe. As a result, I found myself constantly picking up other books even though this was a 300 page book that I should have finished in a night. I felt the characters and scenery were rather bland, but the concept of the storyline was enough to somewhat keep my interest to finish the book.
 
Source: Publisher for review
         
Would I recommend? : Not as much as I would other books on the same topic.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone



No comments:

Post a Comment