Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Thin, Dark Line by Emma Elliot


Book: A Thin, Dark Line

Author: Emma Elliot

Release date (if applicable): August 25,2012

Synopsis: Much to everyone's dismay, librarian Eloise Carmichael believes in second chances and she proves it by hiring ex-con, Cormac O'Malley, who was jailed for murdering the sheriff's son 15 years before. When bodies start piling up, including that of a fired library assistant, suspicion starts to focus on O'Malley, but is this murderer up to his old tricks or is he being set up? Can Eloise help to clear his name and let love flow at the same time?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: A fun debut from Ms. Elliot, I was most impressed with her writing which came off as more of a seasoned pro versus a first time published author. She has a talent for winding a sarcastic wit around an engrossing mystery storyline, which really kept my interest. One other great thing that regarding the book was that, although it was considered a romantic mystery, I loved the mystery aspect regarding bodies being found in the library, which is so unique to its' counterparts. Another reviewer compared it to being in the style of Agatha Christie and I agree. While many authors of the same genre depend on the romance dance to support the story, I didn't have the same feeling from this author's work. This, in my humble opinion, is always the sign of a rockin' author whose greatness, particularly in a debut, is just beginning to shine!

Source: Netgalley for Publisher

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm interested and i want to read this book. I was looking forward for a romantic suspense and your review just made the click for me...

    ReplyDelete