Friday, August 10, 2012

Spilled Blood by Brian Freeman


Book: Spilled Blood

Author: Brian Freeman

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Ashlynn Steele, daughter of a corporate magnate, who could be responsible for the environmental poisonings of a town, is found shot to death. Is Olivia Hawk, daughter of Christopher Hawk, a Minneapolis district attorney, responsible for the death or is there something much more sinister going on which could tear these towns apart permanently and leave many more victims in its' wake?

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: Brian Freeman is one of those authors who, in this writer's humble opinion, should be a lot more known than he is! Like household name author known! I absolutely love his abilities to write with twists and turns that make a reader feel like they are driving on a mountainous road. Spilled Blood was a perfect example of this ability.  This is an author who keeps his novels and story lines are fresh, inviting and CREEPY in a psychological sense.

This book had me guessing until the last several pages with an ending that had me scratching my head and asking "When did that happen?"... I am thrilled to death when that happens. In Freeman's normal approach, extensive character development being present. Furthermore, I love how his characters and story lines unwrap like Christmas gifts normally with nice surprises at the end. Spilled Blood was no exception. In a book that due to character evolvement I thought for sure was going one way, Freeman "wowwed" me some twists about characters who I thought were simply supporting characters.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Um, yes!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone...DO NOT MISS HIS JONATHAN STRIDE SERIES THOUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment