Thursday, August 30, 2012

Island of Vice: Theodore Roosevelt's Doomed Quest to Clean Up Sin Loving New York City by Richard Zacks


Book: Island of Vice: Theodore Roosevelt's Doomed Quest to Clean Up Sin Loving New York City

Author: Richard Zacks

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: An investigation of TR's attempts to curb the sex industry in early 1900's New York City.

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: Although the information in this book was new to me (yes, I knew that TR had been police commissioner of NYC), but I thought with the topic, it would flow extremely well and be a bit spicy. It wasn't...the book's writing came off as dry and I had difficulty with staying with it because I found chunks of it kind of boring.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Not really

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment