Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Thy Neighbor by Norah Vincent


Book: Thy Neighbor

Author: Norah Vincent

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Nick Walsh, whose parents died in a murder/suicide, when he was 21 has resulted in him becoming a deeply cynical man who lives on alcohol, drugs and sex. Things take a turn for the worse when Nick starts spying on his neighbors.

My rating: 1 Star

My opinion: I found this book difficult on multiple levels. First, I thought this book was written in a detached manner. I found I could never completely connect to any of the characters which didn't allow me to warm up to the book in general. Second, the book was extremely gratuitous in graphic language and scenes. Granted this is very important to the storyline and the character of Nick, but the constant reference beat me down and almost came across that it was much more of a shock factor. Although I did finish the book, I thought it really dragged on. I have read some other reviews of the book that said that, although they liked the book, they couldn't put it down almost because it was like a train wreck, I didn't have that same issue.

Source: Netgalley for Publisher

Would I recommend? : Sorry, I really can't.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment