Sunday, August 5, 2012

Arranged by Catherine McKenzie


Book: Arranged

Author: Catherine McKenzie

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Anne Blythe, a successful, single woman gets fed up with the dating scene and decides to utilize the services of a arranged marriage "maker". Can this truly work? Can Anne finally find the love of her life? Does Jack, her married after one weekend of being matched, have a secret all his own?

My rating: 2 Stars

My opinion: Catherine McKenzie seems like the type of chick lit author that should work for me. Yet for some reason, it doesn't and I am not sure why. Spin satisfied me somewhat, so I jumped at the opportunity to read Arranged. In Arranged, I was able to put my finger on it immediately. Arranged had all the "characteristics" of chicklit possible...light and fluffy storyline, cutsey, predictable characters and lots of drama.

The problem is that I never "felt full" while reading Arranged. I always felt like I was on the appetizer course because of the "superficialness" and downright predictability of the storyline. While Arranged, in my humble opinion, is a great beach read or "filler", it wouldn't work as a major read for me.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : There is definitely an audience for this book. Do not let my 2 stars scare you away from reading it, if you like this type of literature. On Goodreads, it currently has a 3.77 rating with a couple of my GR friends giving it 4 stars. It was just a bit "too fluffy" for me.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment