Monday, August 6, 2012

Tidewater Inn by Colleen Coble


Book: Tidewater Inn

Author: Colleen Coble

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Libby, a historic building restorer, inherits an old bed and breakfast on Hope Island, as well as a new family she never knew existed.  When her best friend and business partner, Nicole is scouting out the inheritance, she is kidnapped off a beach while Libby watches in horror on her webcam. Who would want to kidnap Nicole and why? Will Libby lose everything, including her soul mate, a handsome Coast Guard Captain, Alec Bourne to save her friend and business partner?

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: OK, I must admit that I am a huge fan of Ms. Coble's Mercy Falls series. There is almost a magic to it that sucks me in immediately with each book that leads me to finish them almost in one sitting and I can't wait for the new ones to come out. To satisfy my craving until new releases, I decided to take a look at some of her "more modern" books.

Although, in my opinion, this book has the Colleen Coble seal of quality writing, it doesn't have that warm to the tips of the toes, magical feeling that her historical based novels have. This seemed to be much more "romance" based. 

One of the things that I love most about Colleen Coble's books, is that although she is considered a Christian novelist, her novels are NEVER preachy. I feel like I am reading a "clean" piece of literature.

Source: Netgalley for Publisher

Would I recommend? : Of course!

Stand Alone or Part of Series: First in new series

No comments:

Post a Comment