Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Singles by Meredith Goldstein


Book: The Singles

Author: Meredith Goldstein

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Beth Evans is getting married. She has a chunk of single friends who she swears will bring dates to her wedding for seating chart purposes. Problem is the single friends don't quite see it the same way!

My rating: 2 stars

My opinion: There were numerous things that drove me crazy about the book. First off, what could have been a pretty hilarious almost a Bridezilla story simply fell flat to me. I just thought that the book didn't have any bite whatsoever and was read and finished as part of a challenge. I will often read "chick lit" to break up heavier reading and that is why this book was sought out, but it didn't even accomplish that goal for me. Second, it was told in multiple person perspective which further drives me crazy. Often one has to keep notes to keep the story straight. When the book was somewhat enjoyable to begin with...multiple person perspective just makes it more difficult to follow.  Third, I thought the book to be extremely predictable and that it is a dime a dozen book to other books out there.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : There is an audience for this book. I don't think I would recommend it though

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment