Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Stonecutter (Patrik Hedstrom #3) by Camilla Lackberg



Book: The Stonecutter (Patrik Hedstrom #3)

Author: Camilla Lackberg

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A 9 year old girl, Sara Florin, is found in a fishing net. At first considered a drowning, the town of Fjallbacka is mortified when it is determined that the young girl was placed in the waters to cover a murder. Patrik Hedstorm is called in to investigate the murder of this young girl who ends up being the daughter of a friend of his wife. To boot, as he and his wife are trying to adjust to new parenthood, they learn the meaning of love of a child. Who could murder a child? What do past events have to do with the loss of this precious child?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: My absolute favorite of this series. This book started off creepy and just continued on until the last page. I must admit that I figured out the murderer very early in the book, but didn't understand the why. 

One of my complaints with Lackberg books is that she focuses too much on the emotional side of the story, which for this book I am calling the "mama drama", but she has better balanced the mystery with this part of the second "more dramatic" storyline.

Normally when an author uses multiple viewpoints or periods in history, it never works for me, but Lackberg wrote her "flashbacks" masterfully! They added to the story built up the suspense to the murder of an innocent child.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: #3 in series

No comments:

Post a Comment