Monday, August 13, 2012

CIA Fall Guy by Phyllis Zimmer Miller



Book: CIA Fall Guy

Author: Phyllis Zimbler Miller

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Beth Parson's lost her husband Stephen in the bombing of the Officers Club in Munich. When an informant of her husband's needs identification, the CIA thinks that Ms. Parsons can assist them in identifying him. Problem is when Kathleen Walker, with the CIA, takes Beth to the apartment there is a body, but not that of their informant. Where is their informant and is Beth in danger?  Beth escapes the CIA to find the answers for herself and deep dark secrets hidden within the CIA. Information that Beth might not live to tell.

My rating: 4 stars

My opinion: I am not a fan of CIA thrillers. A bit too "guyish" for me. However, I enjoyed this book by Ms. Miller though. I would call this a CIA book for female readers.

I might be a bit biased, but the author, a Wharton MBA, has written this book in a clear and concise manner (which is my favorite type of writing) without going overboard in either the romance dance or emotional baggage being attached to the pages, yet doesn't have it so technical that it loses appeal for women. It is really an excellent balance.

I think that this is the type of book that would meet the reading desires of numerous genres of female readers, but it is not so girlish though that there wouldn't be guys who would enjoy it, as well!

Source: Author for review

Would I recommend? : Yes, it was a very cool and different book

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment